Monday, March 8, 2010

Mopey Mondays

I always dread Mondays because I know I'm gonna struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Plus, I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night and wasn't actually able to until two or three in the morning. So what did I do in the mean time? Write.

Now, I know.... I said I couldn't write about an original idea to save my life, but I guess that was a bit of a lie. It's more accurate to say that my original ideas are few and come about at bizarre intervals. Right now, I'm taking a short script that I wrote back in early 2009 and turning it into a feature length screenplay. I only let one person read the original short script and his main comment was that it should be part of something larger rather than standing on its own. So, that's what I'm doing.

I've never written a feature before and the task that lies in front of me is daunting. My goal is to have the first draft of it written by graduation. If I don't have some sort of deadline, it's never going to get done. Even with a deadline, the chances of it getting done are still very slim to none.

I don't know, but I'm having kind of a lame evening. It's times like these that I wish I was back at school and around friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment